If PasswordControl Plugin Enabled Losing Reg Label

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I really like the feature you have in your password control plugin(s) and I'm in the middle of testing it all out.

Everything seemed fine, until I noticed in my site's registration form (made with EasyProfile for the custom fields and OS MembershipPro for the members / subscription system) but my registration fields labels are simply disabling / disappearing upon hover over... See video I quickly made of the issue;

If I disable your Password Control and refresh my registration page, hover over the same reg labels - they stay viewable as to be expected and as they were just fine prior to trying out your plugin.

Anyway ideas why this might be please?

P.S. I am using the bootstrap not jqueryui setting in your plugin, as the latter didn't show the generate password button and also messed up the tooltip - the boostrap setting shows the generate password button just fine and opens fine.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by chrisc
I have seen this type of behaviour before, with other components and do not think it is specifically Password Control related. I am reasonably sure that it is bootstrap related, and will have to look back and see how it was resolved. If I recall correctly it was related to the CSS on the labels, being changed after the cursor moved. I also think that I added some CSS rules to correct it in the site template but will need to do a little research before I can update you with a possible solution. ( It was almost a year ago I saw the problem so cannot remember all the details straight off. :) )

If you could provide a link to the problem page I will try and give specific CSS rules to resolve it. I do not have EasyProfile Pro (with the Social logon features) or OSMembership Pro so cannot test on a local test site.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by chrisc
I've seen this problem before as I said previously but not for a long time. The labels disappearing issue was sorted for many people by simply updating Joomla, but you do not say which version of Joomla you are using.

For now, you could create a template custom.css file (or edit it if it already exists), add the following code to the file, save the changes and then dump your browser cache, and try the display again.:
label { display : inline !important; }

There may be something calling Mootools on the page possibly, but that is shooting from the hip, so may be completely off beam..

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

7 years 9 months ago #4 by PhoenixUK

chrisc wrote:

label { display : inline !important; }

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply firstly and I can confirm that the above indeed did resolve my issue. Coming from a Cyber / Data Security standpoint, your plugin is most definitely useful for adding to Joomla; I have always felt their overall security features as stock, let's say aren't as strong and useful as they could be.

Thanks once again (I will send a donation through on payday) :)

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries