Setting Unique Change Date required!

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by pete
So I installed the plug-in and enabled it. And after adding a new user I tried to log-in on the front-end and I was indeed asked to change the password. However, I was able to by-pass this by logging out and logging in again.

After setting a unique change date I couldn't bypass this anymore, which is good!

But please check for the Password reset count or if the last reset timestamp is 0-0-0000 00:00:00.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #2 by chrisc
Thank you for reporting this, I will add it to the list of things to look at when I generate a new release.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3 by chrisc
Code has been modified for the next release 0.1.5. The specific code testing is complete and awaiting final component testing. It will be part of the 'test' file that I will send to you when I have completed some other changes/fixes required for the release.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: pete

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by pete
Now I'm getting an infinite loop where the user has to keep on updating his password. I also set a redirect page. After changing the password the user gets two messages:

Profile successfully saved

Welcome to the site, since this is your first visit please set your preferred password.

And two input fields to put in a new password. After updating the user see's this again and can't navigate anywhere on the site.

I tried setting the date to: 00-00-0000, 01-01-2015 and 31-12-2029. Neither option works.

8 years 4 months ago #5 by chrisc
This sounds like the field is not being reset in the database after the password save. I just checked my test installation and couldn't reproduce this problem although I recall seeing the problem whilst making the changes. Let me look at it again. From your other post you mentioned that you had un-installed and then reinstalled, that might be the clue I need to look at, although I would have expected a few error messages to be seen. Was error reporting set on for the site?

Regards

8 years 4 months ago #6 by chrisc
I cannot seem to reproduce the problem.

I un-installed and reinstall the plugin. Published it and set forced first login password change. Created a new user in the back end and then logged in on the front end as that user. I get the password change request screen. Logged out without changing the password and logged in again. Immediately see the password change screen. This time I enter the passwords (via generator) and save. I get the profile saved message and the password strength message, but it is not asking me to change the password and I can navigate to any other page on the site. Password fields are marked as 'optional' so the password forced change is not in place.

I have error reporting on and do not see any error messages.

I have also tried changing the password on a new user on initial connection without logging out, successfully as well.

I have re looked at the zip file I sent and it has included the changes for the forced change and the database field reset required, so am currently a little puzzled.

I wonder if there is some other scenario when it loops or am I misunderstanding the problem?

The redirect page is ignored until the user resets the password so I would expect it to keep on displaying the password change screen.. Also I am not sure which date you are resetting. Resetting the date not changing anything doesn't totally surprise me as I think it sounds like the 'new' database 'forceflag' field that is causing the loop, although I cannot currently think why it was not reset when the password change occurred.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries