Front end access denied - 404 - Component not foun

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by Francisco
Hi,
I´m actually building a new website (www.villa95.com)for a client and for a reason that I dont know I have no access to my front end.
I guess it might be related to URL redirecting. I have tried to search all over for a solution. I have a lot a preassure from my client to have the work done and I ´m grounded with this URGENT problem to solve.
Can someone please come and save me.
All help will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance

All the best

Francisco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by geoffc
We have already responded to your raised issue on our Issue Tracker system.

As we mentioned in our response, more information is required before anyone can possibly begin to assist you.

If this is a 'new' web site then it is likely that something has gone amiss with the installation of Joomla. As installed straight out of the box Joomla is configured to display 'basic' front end. If you are not seeing this then either the installation went wrong or you are installing in a sub directory and there is a problem with the directory and htaccess file for that sub directory.

Has this every worked or has it stopped woorking since something changed? If so what changed?
The more information you provide, the easier it is for anyone to assist you.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #3 by Francisco
Hi,
Thanks very much for your help.
I feel that this happened after I installed a few extensions.
I have even tried to uninstall those but nothing happened.
Can you take a look inside the administration area, and see what might be wrong from inside?

Thanks again for your support

Francisco

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4 by geoffc
To look in the admin area I will need an admin username and password. It you wish me to take a look then send them to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I make no guarentees that I will find the problem, but given that you say the problem occured after you installed a few extensions, the first place to look would be to remove those extensions until you get back to a 'working' site.
You haven't mentioned any extension names but it there are any SEF related ones in the list I would suggest that that is a good place to start.

Usually I would recommend a good tool such as 'Akeeba Backup Pro' be the first tool I install upon any new site. Yes it has a cost, but then having a good backup is of the most value. The Pro version also enables one to set up restore points so that one can 'roll' back an installed component with one click of the mouse. This makes finding a solution to problems such as you are seeing much easier.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #5 by Francisco
Hi again,

Thanks again for your precious help.
Even removing those extensions I did´nt get the situation resolved.
I have have thought of Akeeba. Unfortunatly I installed Akeeba after the problem apperared...my fault...guess I stil have quite a lot to learn about Joomla...it is quite a school.
I will now send you my administration access data, using the provided email ...thanks in advance.
Hope you can actually find the problem.
Looking forward to have news from you as soon as possible.

All the best.

Francisco

9 years 8 months ago #6 by geoffc
Following an extensive investigation and many email messages it is believed the problem is now resolved.

It is believed to be caused by a sequence of possible causes.
a) Install/uninstall of various extensions,
b) Possible language handling issues on menu items, particularly the home page,
c) Possible menu corruption caused by the installs/uninstalls.

Whatever the cause the site now appears to be performing correctly and we consider the matter resolved.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries