Using with non-Joomla tables and changed_by user

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1 by geoffc
I have extracted this from a submitted article comment, since it is a valid question.

I installed the JAudit which worked as expected. However it can't audit all the tables of the db. I can create triggers of all J! tables but not tables which are in the db but have been created by me.

Another problem is that when I created a trigger for the Users table in J! 2.5 in order to track the changes using AFTER UPDATE trigger, it didn't tracked the changed by (user). It just put 0 in the changes history tables.

I think both of these are problems which needs your attention. Your extension is very promising and it will be very useful for me when you will check the problems above.

I will look into how difficult it is to use with non-Joomla tables within the MySQL database, and do not think it is difficult to implement.

Tracking the 'changed_by' user field is more difficult since in a lot of cases that information is not held within the database, either within the table being monitored or within the session information held within the database. A number of tables such as articles, and our own Issue Tracker component have a specific field in the table to hold the changing user id, but many such as #__users table do not. I have described the problem in more detail in the documentation, but agree that it would be nice if there were a way to 'determine' this information. Perhaps a plugin(?). I will look into this but do not expect it to be a quick fix.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries