Search not Functioning

6 years 11 months ago #1 by jhummel
Search for IT is not currently functioning on my site. I do have both of the IT search plugins enabled. I have tried using text from all of the fields that are being searched with not luck. My Joomla version is 3.6.5.

Is there anything else I need to have enable in order for search to work with IT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #2 by jhummel
Replied by jhummel on topic Search not Functioning
We traced the issue back to the indexing routines for the search feature. They were not running properly due to an error being caused by the Kunena forum search plugins. This was causing the indexing to stop at the error and never allowing Issue Tracker data to be indexed. After we disabled the Kunena forum search plugins the indexing routine was able to complete successfully and now all search features within Issue Tracker work as advertised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Search not Functioning
Thank you for the update.
There are two search plugins, one for the 'smart search' which is obviously the one that you had problems with, and the other is the simple search. You really only need to enable the search plugin that you are using rather than both.

As an aside, we ourselves do not generally use either of these and instead used the 'Google Search' which seems to do a good job without requiring the storage requirements of the Joomla 'smart' search. If interested look for the 'googleSeach (CSE)'in the JED for more details.

Regards
Geoff

6 years 10 months ago #4 by jhummel
Replied by jhummel on topic Search not Functioning
Thank you for pointing out Google search. We will definitely look into it.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries